School Field Trips to the horse ranch are an exciting and educational introduction to the world of horses, horse riding, and the equestrian sport.
Kathleen Elliott Equestrian offers field trip opportunities for any number of organizations including day care facilities, elementary and home schools, girl scouts & boy scouts, church youth groups and many others. Give us a call and book your event today!
Kathleen Elliott Equestrian provides In School Field Trips to supplement your child's school’s curriculum by providing small group instruction and an engaging learning experience for children of all ages. These can also be “day off enrichment” programs or holiday/school break camps.
FIELD TRIPS INCLUDE
- How to be safe around horses
- Horse behavior and anatomy
- Horse breeds and colors
- Horse sports
- Horse keeping -- diet, health, care, etc.
- A hands-on grooming station
- A tack-up demonstration
A short ride (optional) during which participants will learn:
- How to mount and dismount
- How to stop, go forward and steer
- Proper riding position
- Safety while riding
- Horse themed games and learning stations
- Access to a picnic area
Field trips are available all days of the week and include two hours of instruction from our staff. Access to the picnic area is available before and after the field trip. Visitors are encouraged to bring lunch and/or snacks. Children age four and up can participate in our field trips.
- Any of the enrichment programs can be In-School Field Trips, day off enrichment programs or holiday/school break camps.
- During In-School Field Trips, students rotate through stations to experience the complete equestrian curriculum.
- In-School Field Trip sessions typically run for 90 minutes, but our programs can fit into any schedule.
- Schools can help design the equestrian the lesson(s) of their choice.
This is a wonderful addition to enrich your child's school’s curriculum and enhance offerings to parents on days where the children are out of school such as holiday breaks, parent teacher conference days, and teacher in service days.
Safety is always a top priority. Riding helmets will be provided. Closed toed shoes are required. Everyone is encouraged to bring a water bottle and apply sunscreen.